PEARSON FOURSQUARE COMPETITION - AUTUMN / WINTER 2014
1. ELIGIBILITY: This promotion is open to any person resident in the United Kingdom who is sixteen (16) years of age or older at the time of entry and who is a registered member of the Website http://www.foursquare.com (the “Website“). If you are not a registered member of the website your entry will not be valid and you will not be able to win a prize.
2. TO ENTER: You will need to be a registered member of the Website. In order to register with the Website go to: http://www.foursquare.com and follow the instructions. Follow Pearson via https://foursquare.com/pearson. To be eligible to win a prize you must follow the Pearson page on the Website within the Promotion Period set out in Section 3 below. We will measure whether you have followed the Pearson page using the technology provided by the Website. Any entries received outside of the Promotion Period set out in section 3 below will not be entered into the prize draw. Any entries received which are reported to violate any https://foursquare.com/legal/terms will not be entered into the prize draw. Only one (1) entry per person will be accepted. No purchase necessary to enter the promotion. Entry constitutes full and unconditional acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Pearson is not responsible for lost, corrupted or delayed entries. Pearson reserves the right to disqualify anyone in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
3. TIMING: This promotion runs on a bi-monthly basis for six (6) months, each twentieth day of the month from 09.00:00 a.m. GMT until 5.59:59 p.m. GMT the nineteeth day of the second month (inclusive) (the “Promotion Period”).
4. SELECTION OF WINNERS: All valid entrants will be submitted for the prize draw. Winners will be determined by a random prize draw conducted by Pearson at 6.00pm the Monday following the close of each bi-monthly competition, and will be supervised by an independent adjudicator. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. There will be one (1) total winner of the competition per two months, drawn at the end of the Promotion Period. All winners will be contacted by Pearson by midnight of the following Monday. If there is a dispute as to who is the potential winner, Pearson will consider the potential winners to be the authorised account holders registered with the Website. All potential winners may be asked to provide identification proving their eligibility before they are entitled to receive the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, through no fault of Pearson, within seven (7) days after the first attempt to contact the potential winner, an alternative winner will be selected at random. The winners may be required to participate in further publicity or advertising.
5. GROUNDS FOR AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION: Pearson will automatically disqualify any entrant who: (i) makes an entry which is incomplete or illegible or (ii) in excess of the entry limit described above.
6. PRIZE: There will be one (1) prizes in total every two months, which will announced via Facebook or Twitter and will be drawn at the end of the Promotion Period. Prizes are as stated and are not transferable. No cash alternatives available. Pearson reserves the right to substitute the prizes with prizes of equal or greater value. All prizes will be sent by Pearson within 28 days after the prize draw has been made by Pearson. If you accept a prize you will be liable for all applicable taxes relating to the prize. Unless otherwise stated, all prizes are subject to their manufacturer’s warranty and/or terms and conditions.
7. WINNERS LIST: Each winner will be required to supply his/her name and postal address to Pearson for the purpose of prize fulfilment. Each winner consents to his/her surname being made publicly available upon request. Winners’ names will be available upon request for a period of 28 days after the final draw date by written request to email@example.com.
8. OTHER: No correspondence will be entered into regarding either this promotion or these Terms and Conditions. In the unlikely event of a dispute, Pearson’s decision shall be final. Pearson reserves the right to amend, modify, cancel or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.
9. GENERAL: If any provision or part of these terms is deemed void or otherwise unenforceable in law then that provision or part shall be deemed excluded and the remainder of these Terms shall remain in force.
10. GOVERNING LAW: These terms, the conduct of this promotion and the interpretation and enforcement of these terms and conditions shall be exclusively governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales, unless you are a Scottish resident, in which case you may choose the law of your own country of residence. Entrants irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales, unless they are a Scottish resident or a resident of Northern Ireland, in which case they may choose the courts of their place of residence.
11. SPIRIT OF THE COMPETITION: If you attempt to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this promotion by hacking or by cheating or committing fraud in any way, we may seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law. Further, we may ban you from participating in any of our future promotions, so please play fairly.
Please direct any queries or complaints about this promotion to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to release your inner maker?
Enter our competition for a chance to win one of three Raspberry Pi starter kits.
Simply follow our list of Inspired Locations Of Learning on Foursquare and enter your contact details to be in with a chance.
For the chance to win one of three Raspberry Pi Starter Kits, follow us on Foursquare and fill in your details below.